National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment Conference, 2013
HSC R&D Division would like to draw your attention to the NIHR HTA Conference 2013, which takes place on 9-10 October at Church House, Westminster, London.
The conference should be of particular interest to prospective HTA researchers and trainees, and we would encourage anyone who is considering the submission of a funding application to a NIHR HTA programme to attend. Please find a copy of the 2-day programme attached.
Please note the opportunity to avail of bursaries from HSC R&D Division to support attendance at this event.
If you require any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSC R&D Division
The National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment Programme produces independent research information about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of healthcare treatments and tests for those who plan, provide or receive care in the NHS. The programme commissions research in three different ways: through the commissioned funding stream which advertises calls for research proposals that address specific topics, by advertising special calls for research proposals that address themed areas, and by funding HTA clinical evaluation and trials studies that are proposed directly by researchers.
The following NIHR HTA calls are currently open:
- Antimicrobial Resistance – Themed Call
- Improving outcome of fall-related injuries for people with dementia – Commissioned Call
- The clinical and cost-effectiveness of new minimally invasive treatments for patients with critical limb ischaemia – Commissioned Call
- Increasing uptake and adherence to long-acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) methods in young women – Commissioned Call
- Multi-parametric MRI for monitoring of low grade gliomas – Commissioned Call
Further information on HTA funding opportunities can be found at http://www.hta.ac.uk/funding/index.shtml.