The Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (NICRN) undertakes cardiovascular research throughout Northern Ireland. The NICRN is part of a UK-wide initiative to provide opportunities for patients and clinicians to participate in high-quality clinical research.
The NICRN aims to:
- promote cardiovascular research within Northern Ireland;
- attract clinical trials in cardiovascular disease to Northern Ireland;
- conduct clinical trials across Northern Ireland to the highest standards of quality and safety;
- provide infrastructure to facilitate the start-up of new trials in cardiovascular disease;
- improve access for cardiovascular patients to new cutting-edge treatments.
Areas of interest include the following:
- Providing access to novel therapies through partnership with the commercial sector.
- Evaluation of novel diagnostic imaging tools in cardiac medicine.
- Use of biomarkers in the rapid diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome.
For more information please contact:
Cardiac Research Office, Ward 16, The Ulster Hospital, Dundonald, BT16 1RH
T: 028 9041 1409