The Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (NICRN) undertakes dementia research throughout Northern Ireland. The NICRN is part of a UK-wide initiative to provide opportunities for patients and clinicians to participate in high-quality clinical research.
The NICRN aims to:
- promote dementia research within Northern Ireland;
- attract clinical trials in dementia to Northern Ireland;
- conduct clinical trials across Northern Ireland to the highest standards of quality and safety;
- provide infrastructure to facilitate the start-up of new trials in dementia medicine;
- improve access for dementia patients to new cutting-edge treatments.
Areas of interest include the following:
- Commercial collaborations utilising emergent therapies.
- Palliative care.
- Mild cognitive impairment.