The Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (NICRN) undertakes research in mental health throughout Northern Ireland. The NICRN is part of a UK-wide initiative to provide opportunities for patients and clinicians to participate in high-quality clinical research.
The NICRN(Mental Health) aims to:
- Promote research in mental health within Northern Ireland;
- Attract clinical trials in mental health to Northern Ireland;
- Conduct clinical trials in mental health across Northern Ireland to the highest standards of quality and safety;
- Provide infrastructure to facilitate the start-up of new trials in medicines and therapeutic interventions for people with mental health difficulties;
- Improve access for people with mental health difficulties to new cutting-edge interventions and treatments.
We will support clinical trials and other studies in:
- child and adolescent mental health;
- intellectual disability;
- adult and old age psychiatry.
Areas of Interest include:
- trials of new treatments and complex interventions.