The Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (NICRN) undertakes primary care throughout Northern Ireland. The NICRN is part of a UK-wide initiative to provide opportunities for patients and clinicians to participate in high-quality clinical research.
The NICRN aims to:
- promote primary care research within Northern Ireland;
- attract clinical trials in primary care to Northern Ireland;
- conduct clinical trials across Northern Ireland to the highest standards of quality and safety;
- provide infrastructure to facilitate the start-up of new trials in primary care;
- improve access for primary care patients to new cutting-edge treatments.
Areas of interest include the following:
- Providing access to novel therapies through partnership with the commercial sector.
- Improving the quality of primary care.
- Early diagnosis of disease.
- Chronic disease management.
- Health promotion and disease prevention.
Your NICRN (Primary Care) Manager is Claire Leathem. If you have any queries don’t hesitate to contact Claire on Claire.Leathem@belfasttrust.hscni.net, tel: +44 (0) 2895 049037.