The Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (NICRN) undertakes stroke research throughout Northern Ireland. The NICRN is part of a UK-wide initiative to provide opportunities for patients and clinicians to participate in high-quality clinical research.
The NICRN aims to:
- promote stroke research within Northern Ireland;
- attract clinical trials in stroke to Northern Ireland;
- conduct clinical trials across Northern Ireland to the highest standards of quality and safety;
- provide infrastructure to facilitate the start-up of new trials in stroke medicine;
- improve access for stroke patients to new cutting-edge treatments.
NICRN (Stroke) research covers the entire stroke pathway including:
- acute stroke care;
- rehabilitation care;
- stroke prevention;
- longer-term care.
NICRN (Stroke) is keen to participate in research led from within Northern Ireland, and across the UK networks, Europe and the world.